Celtic are finally back in competitive action, and finished the opening weekend of the season exactly where we finished at the end of last season – at the very top of the Scottish Premiership table!
The win against Ross County wasn’t perhaps as routine as the scoreline suggests but there were plenty of positive takeaways from Matchday 1.
A Man of the Match display from two goal David Turnbull, some Kyogo magic in and out of the penalty box, and a rare right footed strike from Matt O’Riley.
We also witnessed what looks like a farewell appearance from Swedish stopper Carl Starfelt and he’ll go with everyone’s best wishes following two very successful seasons at the club.
With 3 weeks of the transfer window remaining there’s now some additional work to be done and it remains to be seen what Brendan Rodgers will prioritise between now and September 1st.
Tino, Paddy and Marty were on the mics in this latest episode of The Celtic Exchange Weekly.
ALSO IN THIS EPISODE
- Rodger’s Tactical Adjustments On Display
- Our Increasingly Busy Midfield
- Who Steps In For Starfelt?
LINKS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW
- Join Our Free Weekly Newsletter ‘Celtic 3-2-1’
- Go All-In on Celtic This Season With The Celtic Exchange Plus
HELP US TO GROW THE CELTIC EXCHANGE
- To make sure you don’t miss an episode by Following The Channel For Free on your podcast player of choice.
- Take 30 seconds to Leave Us a Five Star Review on Apple, Spotify or wherever you listen.
- Share this episode with at least one Celtic supporting friend.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices