Celtic came out of the New Year’s Derby with their 9 point lead at the top of the table intact and can be pleased with that after a mixed performance at Ibrox.
Ange had some big calls to make with his starting line-up and it could be debated he got some right and some wrong on the day.
His exceptional use of second half substitutions can’t be argued with though as Jota, Mooy and Giakoumakis all played a part in the move that led to Kyogo’s crucial late strike!
Elsewhere, the catalogue of VAR decisions going against Celtic continues to grow with Connor Goldson being allowed to play volleyball in the box as Celtic pressed for an equaliser.
We’re now 10 games into VAR in Scottish Football and a system that started poorly on an October lunchtime at Tynecastle, has now become an increasing concern.
Where’s the SFA’s “Head of Referee Operations” when you need him? An individual who’s extremely selective about his media appearances.
ALSO IN THIS EPISODE:
- Is Juranovic’s Head Now Elsewhere?
- Maeda’s Sparkling Post World Cup Form
- Should We Be Concerned At The Lack of Jota Action?
- Tributes to Celtic Hero Frank McGarvey.
LINKS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW
- Celtic’s Unique Angle: The Best of 2022
- Frank McGarvey Thanks The Celtic Fans One Last Time
- Hugh Keevins At It Again
- The Celtic Exchange Big Quiz of 2022
- Enjoy Our Additional Match Content At The Celtic Exchange Plus
HELP US TO GROW THE CELTIC EXCHANGE
If you’re enjoying The Celtic Exchange help us to grow the show by following the channel for free on your podcast player of choice – and if you haven’t already done so please take 30 seconds to leave us a five star review.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices