Losing just the third competitive game of the season is never enjoyable, but conceding one of last season’s Treble Trophies into the bargain makes for a particularly bruising weekend.
It can be hard to take positives from such an encounter but one such blessing could be the early wake up call that will have been heard loud and clear to Brendan Rodgers, his players, and the Celtic board.
All parties must respond strongly to the defeat.
Injuries or not Rodgers must find a way to get his available players ticking, whilst the players themselves need to shake off the cobwebs of a sluggish start to the season.
As for the board, they now have just ten days to fully back the manager and show that their ambitions match his as well as those of the wider fanbase.
Tino, Paddy and Sinky were on the mics in this latest episode of The Celtic Exchange Weekly.
ALSO IN THIS EPISODE
- Yang Provides A Spark
- A Test Of Calmac’s Leadership
- Are We getting “Full Brendan?”
LINKS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW
HELP US TO GROW THE CELTIC EXCHANGE
- To make sure you don’t miss an episode by Following The Channel For Free on your podcast player of choice.
- Take 30 seconds to Leave Us a Five Star Review on Apple, Spotify or wherever you listen.
- Share this episode with at least one Celtic supporting friend.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices