Reo Hatate and Kyogo Furuhashi are two of Celtic’s star performers this season yet both found themselves on the outside looking in once again as Japan’s squad was named for their latest round of international fixtures.
This follows their omission at last year’s World Cup, so should Celtic as a club be concerned that two of our most important players have once again been overlooked by their country?
And will players and their agents be equally concerned?
Many fans are more than happy for players not to travel with their national teams as it keeps them fresh for club duty – especially as we reach the business end of the season – but surely every player has ambitions to represent their country?
So will this cause any current players to consider their Celtic futures, or act as a deterrent to any targets that Mark Lawwell and his scouting team have identified?
ALSO IN THIS EPISODE
- The Pros and Cons Of International Football
- The John Kennedy Question
- Winning At Anfield – 20 Years To The Day
LINKS FROM THIS WEEK’S SHOW
HELP US TO GROW THE CELTIC EXCHANGE
- To make sure you don’t miss an episode follow the channel for free on your podcast player of choice.
- Take 30 seconds to leave us a five star review on Apple, Spotify or at The Celtic Exchange website.
- Join hundreds of other like-minded Celtic supporters and enjoy our free weekly e-newsletter.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices