The win over Livingston felt like a significant result for Brendan Rodgers, both in terms of scoreline and performance, as he continues to win over any remaining doubters in his second spell as manager.
He was helped in that quest at the weekend by an opportune PR moment following the final whistle, but it’s fair to say he’s sitting in a good place with supporters after big away wins at Pittodrie, Ibrox and now Livingston.
Elsewhere we were once again bamboozled by the enigmatic Daizen Maeda as he turned in what’s now viewed as a typical mind-blowing performance.
It’s hard to assess a player who misses from 3 yards and then scores from 20 but that’s where we find ourselves with our Japanese Bhoy.
Meanwhile his fellow goalscorer Matt O’Riley continues to shine and looks set to be rewarded with a full cap for the Danish national team.
Talks continue on an extended contract for the classy midfielder who’s fast become Celtic’s main man this season.
A full house of Tino, Mif, James & Paddy were in situ to cover all of the above and more in this latest episode of The Celtic Exchange Weekly.
ALSO IN THIS EPISODE
- Taylor Turning A Corner?
- The Timing Of Celtic’s Financials
- Mif Owes Lubo an Apology
COMING UP THIS WEEK ON TCE+
- WED: Special Episode With Lubo Moravcik
- FRI: Countdown To Kick Off (Motherwell)
- SAT: The Final Whistle (Motherwell)
HELP US TO GROW THE CELTIC EXCHANGE
- Don’t Miss An Episode: Follow The Channel For Free on your podcast player of choice.
- Leave A Review: On Apple, Spotify or wherever you listen.
- Spread The Word: Share this episode with your Celtic network
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices